DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned 2 95 Eclipse's a GS-T and a X, my friend has a 95 Talon and I now own a 97 Spyder..... All three of the 95s when you pressed the door unlock or lock respond either not at all or very slow. Cars charging system is fine and replacing the door lock unit is fairly expensive. My 97 Door locks react with much more force Mitsu obviosly fixed the problem. Any one who has created a fix let me know.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I had the same problem with both of my locks. The motor in the unlocking unit goes bad and has to be cleaned or replaced. You can find more information on it here...

http://gc.dsm.org/faqs/doorlocks.htm

I tried that...very hard to get the motor open. Your best bet is to get the door locking mechanism from a wholesaler for $130 and install it yourself, vs. $250 from Mitsu + Labor.

This topic has been covered a couple of times before....try searching next time...

·
Registered
475 Posts
same here

mine go really slow, like the solenoid doesnt have enough power, or the lock is too sticky

damn crappy engineering

1 - 4 of 4 Posts