DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to get a 95 talon that supposedly been "built" from a friend. Its supposed has a stage 3 head on it but the machine shop fucked up the head and they just replaced it with a stage 2. The guy I'm getting the car from built it back around 2010. And its been sitting since he got it running due to the closest place to get it tuned is 5 hours away. How easy are these cars to tune myself or by a professional? I'm use to the diesel life of getting new tunes emailed to me. The car has a bigger turbo and injectors (I don't know how much bigger over stock they are.) Once they find the keys, I'll be able to find out more about the car and the parts it has. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Elite DSMtalker
694 Posts
Well. You pose a very difficult question. As to Stage 2/Stage 3, that would be service provider specific. There is no general stage 2/3.

For tuning - depends on what is used for tuning. Is that DSM Link? Some other aftermarket ECU? More info would be needed to point you in any direction at all.

So...we too would need from you more info, before we can give you any advice at all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as I know he never got around getting it tuned or bought any aftermarket ecm. So I would assume it just has the stock ecm in it.

I know heads don't come with different stages typically. And I couldn't even tell you who did the machine work on the head. I don't know if its just been port and polished, or if it just got decked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I finally found out what's all been done to the car. Engines been bored .002 over. Forged pistons, H beam rods, rotating assembly has been balanced. AEM fuel rail, upgraded clutch and flywheel, front mount intercooler, intercooler piping done by a local company, 16g turbo. It still has the MAF sensor so he never set it up to run speed density. The guy said that he did all the work got it running. It ran like crap and lost interest in getting it tuned, its been sitting since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts