DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basicly my girls 96 eclipse is acting up, first it would not idle so well in Drive it would sometimes die, now it dies in Park and Drive and it seems to be worse as the heat is worse its 120 out here in vegas, and its hard to start back up and get to idle at all sometimes anyone have any idea's..

Also I will link another thread from another forum as to what people have said so far thanks alot appreciate the help.

http://www.team-2g.com/mitsubishi-eclipse/troubleshooter/24933-96-eclipse-issues-im-noob.html

·
Registered
709 Posts
I have broke car need fix?

How about some more info what model na/turbo, mods or stock. It kinda matters. The more detail you give us the better answer you will get.

It could be your IAC "idle air control"

·
Registered
709 Posts
I just read your link...............

Someone also said IAC on july 2 its the 19th now look at the damn IAC.
Someone tells you Idle air control and you are having a problem with idling, But have not looked at it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Why ask.

Get one from a yard should run you under 20 bucks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Money is not a problem its just I have been busy and she drives he car alot during the week, and I am not working on a car in 120 degree heat WITH the engine being hot also. Just wondering if anyone had a second opinion or experience in chasing idle issues, In other cars I own it can be a combination of things that are all common so that's why I asked for another opinion other then just my own, thanks for the help I appreciate the help so far.

goalie40 said:
I just read your link...............

Someone also said IAC on july 2 its the 19th now look at the damn IAC.
Someone tells you Idle air control and you are having a problem with idling, But have not looked at it hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Why ask.

Get one from a yard should run you under 20 bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts