DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I been going thru every store around my area and a really dumb thing is happening. I ask for the upper radiator hose and they give me a longer thinner and curvier one. They say that is the right one. Checked up everywhere, same thing. Same part number. We even tried to match it up by looking under the hood and nope doesnt fit. Why is this?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Which picture best describes the radiator hose you need?

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Did you put it on backwards? Not to insult you, I only ask because I've done it before and it didn't fit well. Sometimes it's the dumbest stuff...

A half battery in the 1g? I didn't know DSMs had any use for half batteries, I thought it was an EVO thing...

EDIT: Is it a different TB?

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Don Boosted said:
Did you put it on backwards? Not to insult you, I only ask because I've done it before and it didn't fit well. Sometimes it's the dumbest stuff...

A half battery in the 1g? I didn't know DSMs had any use for half batteries, I thought it was an EVO thing...

EDIT: Is it a different TB?
Half Battery in a 2g, running a 1g radiator in the car.

First photo is my 2g GSX with a 1g Radiator

Second is my 2g ( before new motor and pretty things, Amazing what 1 year can do to cleaning up an engine bay! ) with a 2g radiator.

Yes, its a 1g TB.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The_EE said:
Half Battery in a 2g, running a 1g radiator in the car.

First photo is my 2g GSX with a 1g Radiator

Second is my 2g ( before new motor and pretty things, Amazing what 1 year can do to cleaning up an engine bay! ) with a 2g radiator.

Yes, its a 1g TB.

Ahh that makes much more sense now. I was looking at the strut towers like :confused: And I see the new Synchronic BOV, looking good. Everything makes so much more sense now! :D

To the OP, sorry to threadjack.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
--- said:
Same thing happened to me. I just took mine in for comparison or just grabbed them off their walls and ran outside to see if they were the right size. I found it eventually.

Yeah, Thanks. I will now go to Napa with my hose and let them cut me a exact piece. I feel bad for the next guy in my area who needs that hose. Either they are out, wrong or cant get one close to that =)

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Just use a 1g lower hose, thats what I am doing right now. Perfect fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.