DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone with a 97/98 talon have a c/f hood. I have a red 97 tsi and am trying to decide how it will look? Any advice? Heres a pic of my car when I just bought it here :

-Phil

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
There was a car exactly like yours at the shootout with a carbon fiber hood. It looked very nice.

Attached is a picture of a black 97/98 Talon with a cf hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
143 Posts
Wow, I always thought the black/cf combo would look bad. I like it! Same goes for the red/cf.

Get the cf hood. I'll help install!

Jason

·
Registered
182 Posts
AWD Terror said:
Although it's an Eclipse, this will give you an idea.... :)

http://members.aol.com/~aznboixtc8/cfhood.html

SophisG7 is a member on here BTW. ;)
*needs new pants*

FUCK That thing is fucking beautiful... and the hood... omg... any clue how much it was??

I could really use some extra ventilation ... its an oven under there...

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
Blue97GST said:
how come no one paints their c/f hoods? Oh, I gueuss people do but you can't tell? Or are they un-paintable? What gives?
u CAN paint em, but alotta people like the look... + u gotta sand it down and paint, just a pain in the ass =p

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,923 Posts
Blue97GST said:
how come no one paints their c/f hoods?
The same reason no one fixed the rips in there jeans in the 80's ;) It's a style, some like it some don't.

I think it looks good on some cars. Most cars it looks stupid. The hood has to be of a even size compaired to the rest of the car, or the contrast is overwelming. I think the 2g has one of the best perportions, between the bumper, and fenders making the hood look good, as long as the color is right. Which I think most colors do work with it.

·
Banned
2,699 Posts
1 car i really dont care for it on is the 1g's w/ popup lights (like mine) it def doesnt fit in :mad:

·
Registered
233 Posts
Heres a question related to carbon fiber hoods...

Are they all the same?...or are there companies that make better looking higher quality carbon fiber hoods?

Also...is there a predator carbon fiber hood out there anywheres?...or a vented carbon fiber hood?

Thanks guys

Peace

·
Honorary Administrator
17,452 Posts
No, all carbon fiber hoods are not of the same quality. I have seen some that fit terribly with large gaps and with alot of imperfections in the top coat. Then on the other hand some fit quite nice and the quality is noticably higher.

I believe VISracing has a carbon fiber vented hood or two for 2G DSMs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts