DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my friends little brother has an 07 Dodge Charger RT, so he pulls up to us tonight and wanted to race. I agree and we go to the local drag strip. (3 lane road- we race a little longer than 1/4 mile, middle of no where) We did two races after he claimed to have missed a gear on the first race. Both races were a blowout, he then told me he was impressed :) lol.

Specs on his car-
5.7-liter HEMI V8
340 hp @ 5000 rpm/390 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm
$36,450 < Lol, his parents bought it for him.

Current mods - 98 GSX, 16G, Dejon hard piping, HKS pod (k&n soon), intake pipe, 3 inch down pipe/exhaust, boost/wideband gauges, FMIC, [email protected], possibly forgetting something..

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I have no idea, he just said he "missed a gear" probably because I beat him by so much and he wanted a re-match. So we raced again, same outcome. I know they're stock automatics, he may have a manual swap, but I doubt it. Ill ask his brother tomorrow and post back.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really doubt there is a manual swap for the Charger right now. Yes the Challengers come with the T56 6MT option, but it also has a longer wheelbase and driveshaft. Even if a swap does exist, it would be like $3000 do to it.

And doesn't the Triptronic Transmission shift automatically in Manual mode, when the RPMs are at redline?

My father has the 07 Daytona Charger in green, and sure it's a fast car but because it weighs 3800 lbs it's not that fast. I reckon it would run a low 14second 1/4mile time.

Wow did he overpay for the car. My dad bought the Daytona for $33k, and that was average for the 2nd best Charger available. lolz

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not to mention the gears on the Chargers are 3.08. It's like Dodge focused the car itself for daily driving and non car enthusiasts. :dunno:

·
Registered
340 Posts
They are super slow. At least race an srt-8.
Yeah, that would have been a better run for him. They arent that fast, I blew one out of the water on the highway.

Good kill OP. Now step up to the bigger fish, like an srt-8 and report back, after you win of course!

Andrew

·
Registered
84 Posts
Car and driver test the Charger R/T at 14.3 @ 100mph. I know a kid that has a Charger Daytona that's stock and says it's as fast as the SRT's lol He also said he payed $46k for it.

Nice kill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My father has the 07 Daytona Charger in green, and sure it's a fast car but because it weighs 3800 lbs it's not that fast. I reckon it would run a low 14second 1/4mile time.
I killed one that looks exactly like this one on the highway once lol... He was with his girlfriend, thinks he was hot shit.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Car and driver test the Charger R/T at 14.3 @ 100mph. I know a kid that has a Charger Daytona that's stock and says it's as fast as the SRT's lol He also said he payed $46k for it.

Nice kill.

Forty six THOUSAND dollars just to run 13.5/14.2's? Jumpin' Jesus Christ. I would just need 10k of that...that's all I would want. I'd drop $5k into the GSX, and go blow the rest on booze or something.

But I guess people like wasting their money on big, heavy, slow, tanks just because it has a "Charger" badge on it.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Because quarter mile times are the only thing a car is good for...

Yes, yes I'm a narrow minded moron. I've heard it time and time again. You and a few others are starting to sound like a broken record.

I don't care if the car is made of solid fucking GOLD. I'm not going to drop 46k on a car PERIOD. New, fast, turbo 4 cyl, twin turbo V8, I must be unique or something. I can't justify spending 46k on anything like a car. Then again, I guess you wouldn't understand that, would you?

There's much better ways to spend $46k. Like..a nice 1 bedroom house. Or you could invest it in stock, or you could put it in the bank and wait to see the bank go under and lose it. I could go on for days.

·
2,306 Posts
I don't care if the car is made of solid fucking GOLD. I'm not going to drop 46k on a car PERIOD.

There's much better ways to spend $46k.
Not really, if I could buy a solid gold car for 46k that would be one hell of a steal. Gold is 938 dollars an ounce. Curb Weight of an '07 charger is 3740 lbs.

59,840 ounces of gold is worth $56,129,920.00.

·
2,306 Posts
Where did I ever say that a srt-8 was fast?
Calm down, I was not like I was calling you out. An srt-8 charger is going to be faster than a charger, I understand what you're saying. All I did was add video of me beating one. And I stated that that day neither of us were very quick. I never saw where you stated where they were fast, I did see mention of "srt-8" and added my own experiences with the car.
Slow, fast whatever. The point is you didn't lose!
The "You" in the quoted part of the reply was talking to the OP, talking about his race, basicly stating that, Fast or slow... you were still faster than the other guy. =win.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts