DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm searching for a GSX and I'm having the same problem as everybody else searching for one, either no GSX's, to high a price tag, or high miles :mad: . So just wanted to ask some folks with some experience about what I've found still hanging around: from a dealership, all stock Forest Green 1998 GSX w/107 on the clock for $10,500. The miles are high, but alot of people commute to and from their home to the San Francisco/Oakland/ Sacramento areas, so it's probably highway mileage. I've already discovered it has a recall for ball joints and something else for that year, but that's something Mitsubishi will pay for. Anyway just trying to get a feel for what to possibly expect. Also I only commute a short distance to and from work each day, so I'll only put about 3,000 miles a year on it. Thanks in advance for your opinions! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
If I were you I would not get that GSX. 107,000 miles on a 98, that's alot. For 10,500 they've lost their freaking minds. I found my 98 GST with 26,000, and I'm sure there is plenty more out there with less miles. Although with a GSX you'll be a little more hard pressed. But anyway I'd pass on this one.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
It's kinda of high but remember the price difference on a GSX vs GST, If i remember correctly it's a 3.5k difference. As long as it very clean and look very good go for it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
true, there is a price difference. It's just I personally would not pay over 10,000 for any car that has over 100,000 miles unless it is a MKIV or an exotic car.

·
Registered
283 Posts
There's a used Dodge (I think it was dodge) in Sunnyvale, CA that had a used 98 GSX with only 50-60k on the clock. I was looking at. I think initially they wanted something like 18k but they were willing and ready to deal at something like 13k.

I'm thinking of selling my 97 GSX with 62k on the clock. Its an auto though but pretty much stock. I'm not sure what a good price would be but that's another story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts