DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my talon had the a/c deleted before i bought it. Previous owner never tried the heater, now that i have, it doesnt work. No clicking, nothing. Ive been searching and been tracking down the problem, which in my looking has led me to the fuse box by the driver side in the engine bay next to the brake booster, all relays/fuses have been pulled from there... are these fuses ONLY for the a/c part of the EVAP system? I noticed there were 2 labeled "a/c fan" would this be the blower motor, and possibly why i have no blower? Thanks in advance. :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Just get you're self a manuel and multimeter, sorry for the drab responce but you'll learn allot by doing it that way.

·
Registered
927 Posts
FullOutPwr said:
I noticed there were 2 labeled "a/c fan" would this be the blower motor, and possibly why i have no blower?
I believe that those two are for the high and low speed settings for the condensor fan. See if there are two corresponding ones that say cooling fan on them as well. If so then that's what they're for. That would most likely mean the issue lies elsewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tenacious-B said:
I believe that those two are for the high and low speed settings for the condensor fan. See if there are two corresponding ones that say cooling fan on them as well. If so then that's what they're for. That would most likely mean the issue lies elsewhere.
Nope, no socket labeled cooling fan on them, just those 2 marked a/c fan.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Whiteonyx86 said:
id suggest replacing/adding the fuses in that box along with any fuses that are supposed to be there
I strongly agree with that statement. None of your fans are going to work if you gut the fuse block. Both AC, and cooling fan are triggered when engine temp gets to high. The AC fan isnt just in there for the AC, it still serves a purpose post AC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts