DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched for a couple hours now and have yet to discover the exact answers I have been looking for. But I did search! Ok, I have had my eyes set on FP's Bigt28 for some time now mainly do to it's easy install and similarities to the t25..along with some supporting mod questions:

1. On FP's website they offer a revised 17psi wastegate actuator. If you'd be satisfied with 17psi for daily driving, would a MBC not be needed with this?

2. Will the stock injectors on my 2g be enough for this turbo and if not what size would you recommend?

3. If a fuel pump upgrade was needed would a 190 be sufficient if I had no intentions of going bigger?

4. I've read alot on how "direct bolt-on" the big t28 is but will a new manifold be needed and will the oil feed/return line from the stock 2g turbo work with the bigt28?

My main goal for this car is to be in the 300-325 hp range and for it to remain a streetable daily driver with some spunk. I have no intentions of going with any "bigger" turbos so I don't need those suggestions. Thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
You should search, there has been two or three threads in the last month with all your questions answered in them.
-Jason

·
Registered
410 Posts
1. No MBC would be needed if you want to run 17psi. I'm running that setup right now with no problems.

2. Stock injectors would be fine, but I would recommend at least a 190 pump.

3. *See #2*

4. Stock manifold works just fine... ...I have one right now, with the stock mani. About to install my FP mani this weekend (if I have time). Quick spool. Perfect DD IMO. That 17psi WG helps it spool hard until redline.

·
Banned
755 Posts
1. What he said.^^^

2. The stock injector will be fine, but i recommend getting atleat 550cc.

3. 190lph pumps are rated 400hp, so you better off using that.

4. The stock would work fine but its better if you port it out or evo3 mani or the FP maifold.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys. What about the stock oil lines comming thru/out of the stock turbo? Will they fit the bigt28 or will new ones be needed.. if so on FP's website which would be needed? They have a few depending on where your oil is comming from..I haven't relocated where the oil is taken from the engine to the stock turbo.. so which would I need?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts