DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...first of all I have a 91 Talon TSi AWD A/T . I've bought it cheap ($700) and have been slowly nursing it back to health(it sat for about a year) and have been having some problems. About a week ago I was driving around and all of a sudden the car started making this really nasty noise. It sounded like when you put baseball cards in the spokes of a bike but way louder. I was like "wtf?" and pulled over to see if maybe iI could figure out what it was. I started my car and the problem went away, or so I thought. Now 75% of the time my car makes this noise. It only makes it when I'm under 2500 rpms and its coming from the front drivers side in the engine bay. Any ideas on what this could be and if I'm hurting my car any by driving it? Also now sometimes when I accellerate from a stop I get no power until I hit boost. Do you think this is related in anyway? Any help would be GREATLY apprecciated.

·
Registered
213 Posts
How's your oil pressure. If the oil pressure is low then that noise is most likely the valves tapping from lack of oil. Also make sure you have enough oil.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts