DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I don't know about you guys, but i love to cruise when ever I get stressed or just feel like doing it. Well around 3am last night i decided to just go out and about. And to my surprise a lime green hatch back came along side me going down Memorial rd. the car itself wasn't that bad looking but the paint just killed it for me...Anyways he bumped me a couple of times going down the road well we come to a stop light and i look at him seeing if he wanted to go from a dig or not...I couldn't see in his car so I just reved it a little seeing if he would respond. And of course being a honda guy he was more then happy to oblige me.....now you know as well as I do that if I want to go from a dig that should tell you something :)...we watch the cross lights turn yellow and I start to prep for a 3500rpm luanch(stock clutch and never raced an awd vehicle). The light turns green and I just bogged the mess out of the car...luckily he was missing the all important driver mod as well and I still got two cars on him by the end of first. I took it up to third and felt that I didn't need to put anymore cars on him. At the next light I rolled down my window to tell him good race, and the ricer flips me off and runs the light.
O'well chalk it up to another new dsm owner.

my mods are: ofcourse all the free mods, intake, ported 2g o2 housing, 2g exuaghst manifold, 3" down pipe, 3" exuaghst(no cat), balance shafts removed, ported head, 4 bolt rear...that's about it.(for now)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Way to put him in his place. I love going out for a random drive really late, especially if I get a race...I know what you mean.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Nice kill. F'ing ricers. They're just pissed that their cars suck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ApexImprt2nR said:
Nice kill. F'ing ricers. They're just pissed that their cars suck.

pretty much lol...if i got beat, i would at least give a thumbs up for the effort...but maybe he was dislectsic when it comes to his fingers

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Even on a stock clutch, there is no point to launching at that low of an RPM...From what I hear, anytime you really let out the clutch and try to launch it hard from less than 4.5K you will most likely bog....That's a good reason why you were bogging...

Stupid ricer, he could've at least gave a thumbs up

·
Registered
63 Posts
ShizNight said:
Anyways he bumped me a couple of times going down the road

Do you mean he beeped at you a couple times? cause if someone bumped my car, or any car I'd be in.. I know I'd pull over and let the driver have an ear full.

·
Registered
549 Posts
ShizNight said:
pretty much lol...if i got beat, i would at least give a thumbs up for the effort...but maybe he was dislectsic when it comes to his fingers
I can't help but smile at that - you may be right. Nice job showing him your taillights:)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
AWDwannabe said:
Do you mean he beeped at you a couple times? cause if someone bumped my car, or any car I'd be in.. I know I'd pull over and let the driver have an ear full.

bumped as in down shifted and romped tapped the gas next to me making his car jump a little...if he hit my car i would've beat more then his pride

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got wore out by a trans am last night...i really need to learn how to drive this car...i did fine when i had my fox, but this is a whole different kind of platform...from a roll i'm good, but i'm still having a hard time luanching this damn thing lol....maybe i should get that stutter box eprom lol.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
stutterbox would only complicate things b/c you would be building boost in neutral...PRactice launching from 4500-5500, much lower and you will bog...

Also, make sure to start slipping the clutch out and then as it begins to engage, let the clutch out completely and the accelerator in...I guess that is not my 1st hand experience advice, but it seems to do wonders to most awd dsm'rs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts