DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, drivin' home tonight, and it's dark. Not the darkest kind of dark, but the most dangerous kind--- just barely can see light. I love to hear my turbo spool, so I step down just a tad after the sharp turn I have to go around. "ssssssssss," and I can feel the power ready to push me back even further into my seat. I decide it's time to let off, and slow down a bit. I have an MP-3 player in my car, and record Howard Stern onto them so I can listen to the whole show. I can skip all the commercials that way, and lo-and-behold; it's time to fast forward. I look down for just a split second, and it happens. A deer decides to trade his life for a dent in my car. I can't figure out why they are so dumb, but he flew into the air like Ralph Hinkley without the instruction book! So I pull over with a loud "SHIT!" I have never hit a deer in my life, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I'm sure I got lucky, because he only knocked out my foglight on the driver's side. Nice and clean, and except for a dented license plate (and the foglight); I'd say I made out alright.
Anyway, that's my KILL story. He's dead.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
hahahahah steel two that sig is awesome.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
talon167, WWWOOWWW!!! Now I do feel lucky! THANKS!

·
Registered
392 Posts
wow that is nuts, i hit a deer last year and the thing went over my eclipse, now i feel lucky it didnt do the same as that durango

·
Registered
197 Posts
Not to be a lil punk or anything but that durango picture cant be the actual way it happened. The deer went through the windshield so how can there be a huge ass dent and the roof caved in??? Doesnt all add up in my head, or maybe I'm just retarded again. And what happened to the driver of that durango??? Anyway glad to hear your ok and sounds like the car is ok as well. The deer on the other hand... well sorry bambi.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
that durango accident was actually in MN i believe.
I remember reading about it in the paper.
Driver was fine.

·
Registered
197 Posts
how in the world is he fine?!?! was he wearing his full body armor that day?? sheish. I woulda thought that thing would have put a few antlers threw his chest. ohhh well that's some crazy stuff.

·
Registered
760 Posts
i came very close to hitting one tonight. He was standing on the side or the road blinded by my headlights and decided to jump out at the last minute :rolleyes: Anyway, the roads were wet, so as i was skidding he finally jumped out of the way.. i came within 5 inches, pretty crazy. It was the kind of breaking where a bunch of lights in your instument panel go on and everything is in slow motion. wicked

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OUDLES said:
Not to be a lil punk or anything but that durango picture cant be the actual way it happened. The deer went through the windshield so how can there be a huge ass dent and the roof caved in???
I think the guy must have rolled the truck. That would explain the mud on the roof......

-Boost_krazy-, wow--------- close call. Congratulations on your escape. I'm actually having trouble driving now. I can't get that "bang" sound out of my head, and I keep driving too slow. I just know there's another one with my car's name on it.............

·
Registered
26 Posts
OUDLES said:
Not to be a lil punk or anything but that durango picture cant be the actual way it happened. The deer went through the windshield so how can there be a huge ass dent and the roof caved in??? Doesnt all add up in my head, or maybe I'm just retarded again. And what happened to the driver of that durango??? Anyway glad to hear your ok and sounds like the car is ok as well. The deer on the other hand... well sorry bambi.
The lead car hit the deer, it flew into the air and went through the windsheild of the trailing car, the durango. It's possible as its happened plenty of times before and even from a physics point of view it makes sense.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The deer was likely in the middle of jumping across the road when the trunk hit the deer. The front of the deer went into the windshield but the ass end hit the top of the truck and smashed it in. Its not mud on the roof its half digested grass. Note in the one pic the intestines of the deer are hanging out and if you've ever been hunting before you'd know what it was. The weight of the deer inside the vehicle pulled the remaining part of the deer down off of the top of the truck to where it sits in the pic. A family friend had something like that happen before but the deer hit the passengerside a pillar and smashed it in.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Nice Kill lol, and yeah that deffinatley looks like shit on the Durango, and in the last picture you can see the deers guts hanging out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts