DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else with 1G's experienced this problem? My friend and I both installed dual gauge holders, and now the stock plastic a-pillar cover keeps coming loose. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to keep it tight? We want to upgrade to the triple Lotek holder, but first we want to secure that piece so it is not even more of a problem with the added weight of a 3rd unit.

------------------
John Lewis
1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Registered
61 Posts
there are 2 options i know of besides velcro, glue, and double stick tape. One way I had in my car was those plastic little plugs have that hold the interior body panels. Jut drill a small hole into the original a pillar and the a pillar mount and you use the plug. Then if you have to get it out just remove the plug. Then when I switched to the lotek dual guage holder I am using a little screw. You can see it but it holds. I definetly reccommend the lotek, because the way the bottom of the pod goes uder the speaker grill so you only need 1 screw/plug.

------------------

·
Premium Member
17,457 Posts
A guy I know bought a single pod from lotek I think and it came with a pair of plugs that matched the color of the pod exactly. The plugs were like the kind to used to hold interior panels on. They hold the pod to the a-pillar snug and look great.

·
Honorary Moderator
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The pod already holds great on the plastic that covers the a-pillar, I used the supplied plugs that came with the Auto-meter holder. The problem is holding the stock plastic on to the metal a-piller. Apparently the clips aren't re-usable and the dealer can't get em...

------------------
John Lewis
1991 Eclipse GS Turbo

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Screw it right into the metal. I use a dbl that takes the place of the whole stock piece. It wouldnt hold so one black colored screw at the top holds it, and it doesnt look too bad against the grey interior. You might have to use one down below too.

------------------
Ted - 95 GSX
[email protected] MPH

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
I have the lotek dual gauge pod and I used a self-tapping screw in between the gauge pods, through the stock piece and into the metal. A little paint on the screw head, you're done. I tried everything to hold it up and nothing else worked.

------------------
'91 Talon Tsi AWD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts