DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife-to-be and I want to go skiing/snowboarding for our honeymoon. We were planning for mid to late November and I have heard there aren't many places that have a decent base that time of year. We are using a week of her mom's time share and unfortunatley she doesn't have the peak weeks, so December and January are out of the question. So the question is, is there anywhere to go snowboarding in mid November? Canada, and Europe are fair candidates.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
canada has some great places.
Honestly I've gone skiing in quite a few places in europe, and it has some good spots but it's not all that it's cracked up to be. I prefer going to British Columbia as they have some great powder. Also toronto has a few hidden spots. I hate going the resort route though. I suppose if it's a honeymoon that would be the best way to go, but for simply skiing I like finding a ski bum in the area and finding a great mountain. For some great resorts, I'd look at Montana. Colorado is nice but too hyped.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks infury!! But "where to go" is not so much my main question as "where to go in mid November" is. I just said to include the other countries because I'd be willing to travel there to get good snow. Inside the continental US would be optimal but is not necessary. Everyone I have talked to so far says that Oregon, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming are all good places to go, but they say there won't be much/any snow in mid November.

Personally, I like the smaller, out of the way resorts. Call me crazy but I like my lift chairs!! I just hate dealing with the crowds of some of the more popular places.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Aspen colorado, or any mountain has snow almost all year round. How about some place over seas, more romantic, like the alps or austria??

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'd seriously consider BC. They have great pvt spots as well as some of the best resorts I've been too. My fiancee brought me for our 3 year anniversary of dating and it was a great place. I'll see if I can find the name of the resort we stayed at.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Definitely BC!
i live here, I should know :D
Go to Whistler/Blackcomb...it's expensive there, but with the Canadian dollar as shatty as it it, it'll work out great.
Enjoy

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks infury!! But "where to go" is not so much my main question as "where to go in mid November" is. I just said to include the other countries because I'd be willing to travel there to get good snow. Inside the continental US would be optimal but is not necessary. Everyone I have talked to so far says that Oregon, Montana, Colorado, Wyoming are all good places to go, but they say there won't be much/any snow in mid November.

Personally, I like the smaller, out of the way resorts. Call me crazy but I like my lift chairs!! I just hate dealing with the crowds of some of the more popular places.
I just purchased their ratcheting double box flex wrenches for my service bag. They are awesome! I work on lift chairs and mobility scooters, usually in the client's home, so I try to limit what I have to carry.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts