DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my abs light never shuts off,fluid and lines are all good.Every now and then however the light will shut off only to turn back on within a few minutes.HELP

·
Registered
232 Posts
does it go off if you turn the car off and restart?

------------------
J. Hunter Allred

'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)

·
Founder/Former Owner
5,120 Posts
Have you physically inspected the ABS sensors for any obvious damage (while they are in place - do not try to remove them), as well as the ABS wires?

------------------
Ted - 95 GSX
[email protected] MPH

·
Registered
12 Posts
My ABS light will sometimes turn on during
especially hot weather during a long drive
at high speeds (like on the highway).
If I restart the car, the light will turn
off. I guess this is nothing to worry about
in my case.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Good luck,
Jake

·
Registered
871 Posts
i had a problem once where my abs light was on and i could hear a small electric motor running from right in front of the drivers side front wheel, nothing would turn the motor or the light off, it would even run when the car was turned off and alarm set. so i unhooked the battery for a few seconds and never had the problem again( been over a year).
don't know if that would help you,but it's worth a shot.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
871 Posts
also i think there is a level gauge in the abs fluid reserve on the fire wall, check to make sure it's not stuck. it will go up and down with the fluid level and if it's stuck down it will trigger the abs light telling you there is a problem, or that fluid needs filled.

bill

------------------
95 tsi-awd
91 tsi-fwd
95 civic turbo
82 gti

·
Registered
18 Posts
So in other words, you're sayin' "give the ABS unit under the hood a 'technology tap'". A sharp rap on top of it's ignant head. No, don't beat the crap outta it, much as you might be tempted to. Maybe try usin' the HANDLE of the hammer, if you don't have a soft mallet.

Scott

------------------
DIG through the ditches, and BURN through the witches, and SLAM in the back o' ma' DRAGU-LA-AA!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts