DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 91 GSX has the most warped rotors you have ever seen, so being the cheap ass I am (I just dont see the point in spending money to make my car go slower?! heh) I bought some used stock rotors from a 91 TSI AWD.

Here is the thing though, I have a non-ABS GSX and the rotors are from a ABS Talon. Basically they look the same except there are two extra holes on the ABS rotors that are not on the non-ABS ones. Now I'm am almost possitive that the rotors will fit on my car, but will the extra holes be a problem waiting to happen?!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
No it won't be a problem. Those 2 holes are there to hold on the ABS disks if you have abs, since you don't have abs disks, you don't need the holes, but they won't hurt. Consider it a slight weight reduction :D

------------------
1992 Eagle Talon TSI
13.8 @ 105.3 mph AT
Being Converted to 5-spd

[This message has been edited by Peter 92TSI (edited October 16, 2000).]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot! 2 more unrelated type things.
Should I get the rotors reground and if so how much that is. Secondly, I like you have a 1g and AT, but man... I really wish I had a 5-speed how hard is the conversion, and how much (I heard like 3-4k which is a little much for me)

Murray

·
Registered
232 Posts
if ur talking bout the two threaded holes on the disc itself those are so you can screw in a bolt to break a disk free should it rust/seize up on the hub. the abs system has to do with the toothed rotor on the inside side of the hub, which the wheel sensor reads.

------------------
J. Hunter Allred

'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts