DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright, i searched, couldn't find anything, anytime my car is running it makes this noise like metal to metal is rubbing, but when i turn my ac on, it stops, when its off the noise comes from the area around the ac pump....any ideas would be much appreciated, and i just hope not too expensive, just bought this car and allready have to put 2g's for a new tranny and clutch! thanks alot.

Dustin

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, ac works, everything works just fine, its ice cold when its on, just this noise is horrible sounding, and kind of embarrassing.....but like i said, when the ac is on, it doesn't make the noise,when its off it does, and i don't really like having the ac on.....slows the car down

Dustin

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am not sure what is could be but to know if the a/c works, that is the first step. The a/c belt is its own belt(i think?), since winter is coming maybe you could take the belt off since you won't be using it now. That should quiet it down.

It is obviously something to do with the ac pump. Maybe the stator thing is not fully disengauging and rubbing, I am not an a/c expert though...?

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
AC compressor clutch bearing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts