DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I've had this problem before and thought it was my plugs and wires so I changed them,and it went away. But now its back. I accelerate fine and normal until I hit boost and once I hit boost and accelerate the car bogs down, it shows im boosting but im not going anywhere. Could it be a loose ic pipe or I did change my oil today to Mobil 1 supersyn 15w30. Other then those two possibilities what else could it be. I want this problem solved. I'll be happy to answer any ?'s if it would help in finding what is wrong.

·
Banned
190 Posts
i have this problem as well in my 1g go to www.vfaq.com and look for intake leak tester to see if you're pipes are leaking could also be a cracked manifold or even a crack in your turbo i thought on mine that my turbo was going out but upon further inspection i found that it was manifold that had hairline cracks in it but that was enough to give me only 2 psi hope that helps laterz

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I might have a leaking exhaust manifold, cuz i can smell exhaust very well when accellerating. The only thing I dont get is sometimes it bogs down and then sometimes it doesnt then sometimes it gets really bad and other times non existant.

·
Banned
119 Posts
i can smell it too but it's definitivly in the intake though; I think that's what you tried to say... and in my case is even worst to drive coz i got a management system that gives me boost whenver i accelerate a little harder and not at 3200rpm like it is stock. So basically I have to drive real slow or it halts when the boost is supposed to come in. I'm having another look tomorrow to see if I can find the problem and then I'm taking it to a shop. I'll let you know what happened it's probably the same thing.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So your saying most likely my intake manifold is cracked, and thats what is causing it. Yea let me know what you find when you take it to the shop.

·
Banned
190 Posts
more than likely its the intake track,exhaust manifold or an intercooler pipe if u have the scribble just go to a mechanic or u can buy the parts and make a leak tester thats what im doing as of right now its 3:30am here too YAY!!! laterz,kevin. it could also be you're wastgate actuater arm ;)

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea ive been told it could be the wastegate arm but i dont know what to check on it and hwo to fix it if it is stuck, yea i think im gonna make a leak tester also.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey yea I loosened all the ic pipes and intake and retightened them all and everything is fine, I think it was my lower ic pipe also.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes its definately a boost leak prob.in one if you innercooler pipes.prob under a clamp..as you build boost pressure.the hole pops out from under a clamp...mine did..un hook the wastegate rod and you wont feel it at all.if you do .its not a boost leak.unhookin the rod will ofcourse enable your turbo.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts