DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know i shoulda searched but it was to hard to look for the answer.

Are the act clutches all the same? 7bolt 6bolt? AWD FWD?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok thanks guys I guess Ill pick up a spare for cheap.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I honestly LOVE my ACT 2100... Its an awesome upgrade from the stocky.. Question, a few people have told me a ACT 2600 is too much for like a DD 300-400hp DSM, something about too much pressure on the crank, so my question is is the 2100 worth staying with or can I jump up to a 2600 and be fine?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I drive on a 2600 with no problems. As long as its not a puck style disk its ez to drive. Pucks are a PITA to deal with traffic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
djmixerx said:
I drive on a 2600 with no problems. As long as its not a puck style disk its ez to drive. Pucks are a PITA to deal with traffic.

Dude, pucks are not that bad... I have a 2600 With an unsprung 6 puck on my Talon and it feels like a street disk... Just alittle more bad-ass;) :D :D

·
Registered
382 Posts
HuBerT said:
All i have to say is driving a car with a twin disc is like nothing else, and I wish i had invested before buying ANY single plate clutches for a dsm.
I love how it scares some people when you press the clutch in. Sounds like it's gonna fucking blow up haha.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I've had a 2600 I loved it when it was time to move on I tried 2100 to save some money. Its definately not worth it went through it in about a year. A 2100 does not like launching at all or any abuse for that matter. I now have a 6 puck sprung disk I'm just waiting for the 2900 I ordered I'll let you know how it is.

·
Registered
716 Posts
I believe my car has an ACT 2600... I was told it was before I got the car and it sure wasnt stock but I never checked into it that much. My car is so close to running, my left leg muscles are tingling just thinking about it. :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.