DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, need your help/advice/opinion. Finally working on the suspension of my 90 gsx, Now my main concerns are performance and drop. Bought the kyb agx struts. Now I heard of the agx/eibach prokit combo being the best ride and performance quality on 1st gens. But hows the drop? My car is high as hell and looks nasty (CHECK OUT MY GALLERY IF YOU DONT BELIEVE ME). Now I've seen so many different kinds of numbers on several websites about eibach pro kit springs going from 1.0" drop to 1.3-1.4, I want to drop my car at least 1.5" no more then that. Can anyone on here give me an actual number of how much the pro kit springs dropped thier first gen? Now I've been told that the H&R sport springs would give me the drop I'm looking for but once again looking for best performance and ride quality here. Anyone have these also and how much it actually dropped thier first gen and how they feel? Also what do I need to get on my car to have the wheels straight as an arrow once its dropped and no butterflying or anything? Ive seen adjustable front and rear camber kits for 2gens but I havent seen anything for 1st gens, except for these bolts that I purchased and didn't do anything, front wheels do the opposite of butterflying. I want my suspension to be as good as it can be. Thanks for the space

·
Registered
55 Posts
i would just go with the slight drop eibach kit.

it will drop it more than you think, and gives the car a lot tuffer apperance from the back

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Same here. When I put Prokit springs on my 1G AWD it only dropped it about 1". I had a bunch of weight taken out of the car, so the Eibachs just dropped it back down to stock height. I have coilovers now, and it's finally low enough.

·
Banned
26 Posts
i have just installed kyp gr2 with eibach prokit, and it seems to me that the car is dropped more than an inch, maybe around 1.5 inch, but i love the look, although i was not looking for that much of the drop, and the handling is great by the way.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input guys, anyone else out there running some h&r sport springs on a first gen and how much it actually dropped it? or maybe running eibach sportlines and how much it actually dropped the car or how the ride quality is? Really need the input guys, looking to buy some springs asap but want to get the right and or best ones thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts