DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey how much moeny dou guys think it'd cost to get one of those huge hydraulic cylinders in the back of ur car to higher and lower ur car whenever u want?? how much do u think it'd cost for the whole system? do u think its worth the money?

·
Registered
605 Posts
You want Hydros? Riding 3 wheels down the street? Hoppin on the 2 front wheels at the stop light? Ballin Gangsta style? Very expensive shit. Well over $2k i believe.

Just get airbags. Much cheaper and a better ride.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's a bag that replaces the springs and I think the struts as well (?). you can decrease the amount of air in the bag to lower the car and add more air to raise it. You'll need a compressor to fill the bags with air (should come with the kit). and you can get a nice switch box and you can be hittin' switches :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG said:
It's a bag that replaces the springs and I think the struts as well (?). you can decrease the amount of air in the bag to lower the car and add more air to raise it. You'll need a compressor to fill the bags with air (should come with the kit). and you can get a nice switch box and you can be hittin' switches :D
realllly??? i'd rather have that, wen i said hydrolics i didn't mean like jumpin up and down on two wheels, i just meant raising it whern i go over speed bumps, and then lowering it wen i pull up to a stop light :). so how much is thsi airbag kit??? does aynoen know of any links? is it a universal kit or wah?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
TaLoNBLiNGBLiNG said:
thanx a lot for that site man, i think my buddy is gonna be ordering from tehre pretty soon he has a 2g. anyways, on the air bag kits it says 3/8in or 1/2in or sometiong, waht does this refer to? are they talkin about how much inches you can lower and higher the car or something?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
with the cheapest air bag kit for the eclipse on that site, what is the maximum amount of inches that you can lower your car?

·
Registered
21 Posts
You can lay frame with those kits, I think the cheapest is front & back and pancake...you can get front back and side to side for more. Or you could get the cheaper one and just purchase more valves later.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
what does that mean?
what is a front and back pancake?
all i want is to be able to lower all four wheels like 3 inches

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HASHIMOTO said:
what does that mean?
what is a front and back pancake?
all i want is to be able to lower all four wheels like 3 inches
okay alll i want is to be able to lower my car the wohle car (not just three whees or something, all the wheels) like 4 inches and higher it whenever i pull intoa driveway or a speed bump or something, thats alll i want. so which kit should i get, the cheapest?

·
Registered
353 Posts
air bags

yea... how much is an average kit, whole kit. are they an easy install, can u do them yourself with minimal knowledge or how much to have someone do it. and how dos it effect suspension on a gst?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Air bags

You can get a air ride kit for about $1200. Thats just front and back with manually valves.Or you can spend about 1600 and get electric valves with front, back, side to side.When they say 3/8 or 1/2 inch they mean the size of the airline.If ya'll have anymore questions just let me know, i install these alot.My wife has them on here 2G, and when she was in 18's she could lay the front bumper (body kit) on the ground.Also they will raise the car about 3 inches higher then factory height when raised all the way up and lower it just about to the ground depending on the size of wheels.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hydros,it depends on what kit you get....They sell 1,2,4 pump kits.I paid about $2000 total with all the batteries,welding,solenoids and stuff...I had mine custom done so there was no holes in my fender wells on my 87 Mazda P/U..I have pics of it,i'll try to get them scanned this weekend.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Air bags

smackdwnhtl said:
You can get a air ride kit for about $1200. Thats just front and back with manually valves.Or you can spend about 1600 and get electric valves with front, back, side to side.When they say 3/8 or 1/2 inch they mean the size of the airline.If ya'll have anymore questions just let me know, i install these alot.My wife has them on here 2G, and when she was in 18's she could lay the front bumper (body kit) on the ground.Also they will raise the car about 3 inches higher then factory height when raised all the way up and lower it just about to the ground depending on the size of wheels.
thanx for the info man, but what is the difference between manual and electronic valves? if its manual valves, does that mean that u can't control the height with a switch?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Okay a manual kit is where you set the height and that is it while you are driving. If you want to change height you have to go somewhere with an air compressor and manually put air into the bags. Very impractical. Electric valves allow you to hit a switch inside the car and raise/lower the car yourself because there is an airtank and compressor in the trunk of the car. The fast bag kit just speeds up the speed of raising/lowering the car. I am getting the basic front/back fast bag kit from www.kmwperformance.com Everything that will be needed is included and it goes for like 1,600. Installing is not that hard. I just takes time (2 days at the most...weekend project) and patience. The hardest thing is wiring up the valves I think. You also have to be careful as to where you run the air lines because you don't want them where they will rub and cause a leak. If you need any other info let me know.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
alright tahnx a lot man tahts all i needed to know

ALMOST! lol, does a front/back basic kit mean that u can only adjust the 2 front and 2 back wheels?

·
Registered
732 Posts
That would be correct. Only the front and back are adjustable. That means you either raise/lower the front or back. On the other hand FBSS(front back side side) allows you to either each wheel independently. You could then raise one wheel and lower the other diagonal wheel and have the car sitting on three wheels. I see no point in that and I think it is a waste of money. The only reason I am getting mine is to prevent busting the kit on these steep inclines around here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts