DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today driving that my AEM UEGO was no longer working. I'm still getting a display, but it was just stuck at 14.9. It would not fluctuate with the speed of the car or anything. Turned it off and started the car back up ... same thing. I'm not exactly sure when it stopped working, might have been recently or a while ago. Car still runs fine ... but hmm.

My initial thoughts are a wire came loose (maybe a ground) somewhere, or the actual O2 sensor in my downpipe went bad. I'm planning to take a look at it tomorrow but I thought I'd post here and see if anyone had this happen to them tomorrow. I may even call AEM and see what they say.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you're right RED. I think the O2 sensor went bad. It's been working fine for the last 6 years or so. I took it out today and the plugs in the back of the gauge where all there and nice and tight. I reinstalled everything and it still didn't read.

After some internet digging it looks like I can get just the Bosch 4.2 LSU sensor by itself. It runs about 80 bucks. For anyone who might be in a similar situation to me in the future AEM sells the sensor as part # 30-2001

1 - 4 of 4 Posts