DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay just a few quick questions.
Does anyone know how accurate the input is for the O2 sensor is. Do you think it will differ from a regular DMM. Before I got my AFC I removed the lower honeycomb in my MAS to prolong fuel cut a little bit. Now doing this will make you run leaner because your just fooling the ECU making it think that there's less air is going by the MAS, right?? When my car has been driving for about 20 mins, my O2's are about .94. After driving for a while they go down to .85. This is right on the fine line of being to low, right? Should I put the lower honeycomb back in to richin it back up a bit or just use the afc. I think its more or less the same thing really. All you guy's with a afc and the almost same mods as me could you tell me your Hi and low throttle setting. Thanks.
Tom.

"Evil will always prevail, because good is dumb." Dark helmet.

------------------
92 Talon AWD
Mods:
2.5" BR D.P. 2.5" Dynomax cat-back, 95 Manifold, BR upper I/C pipe, K&N, Extreme [email protected], Walbro pump, Apex AFC, ACT 2600.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have a similar problem. When the car is warmed up but for less than 20 min or so, the O2's are about 0.91 V. They will then drop to 0.83, sometimes less, after a while. EGT's don't seem to change at all. If I richen up the A/F then I get black smoke on heavy acceleration. The O2 sensor is about three years old so it may be wearing out. If you have access to a data logger see if you get the same readings on the O2 voltages with it.

------------------
Chris Holmes
'91 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/5051
Turbo + Intercooler = The Replacement For Displacement

·
Registered
100 Posts
You guys are experiencing the warm-up cycle that's all. During the warm-up cycle, the ECU richens the mixture. Once operating temperature is reached, the car leans back to it's normal settings.

Your O2 sensor voltage looks fine. .82 is as low as you want to go and you have a little left to give before that.

Just be patient with the car and let it warm up each time you start it and it will run fine for you.

------------------
'95 Mitsu Eclipse GS-T

16G Killer, 2.75" RS-R exhaust (turbo back), HKS intake, Apexi BOV, 10lb. flywheel, Centerforce DF, Greddy FMIC, 8.5mm wires, NGK 7's, Apexi Super AFC, Greddy Profec, Energy Suspension motor mounts

·
Registered
333 Posts
last time i heard .82 is too low for pump gas. i was always told .92 at lower RPM and to gradually richen it upto .96 near redline.... this is on pump gas. i would like to know the real answer and who gave you this info... [email protected] gave me my info.
anybody else no the right answer?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts