DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my EGT gauge installed and was fooling around with my AFC. My LO settings are about -3 all the way across. My HI settings are at -7,-7,-7,-7,-6,-6,-5,-4. During full boost at 17psi, my egt reads 1550 degrees F.

Does this sound like my car is tuned good, or do I still need some more tuning.

Any help will be good.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Nobody can tell you that buy the info you gave...... you would need to post mulitple logs... knock information, Timing. Stuff like that.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Get a logger to check your fuel trim information, O2 voltage, timing, and all that. http://www.pocketlogger.com

Just going by EGT will improve your car's output, but is a real seat-of-the-pants method. And of course, you are betting your whole engine on a little probe and gauge working 100% perfectly. That doesn't really put the gamble in your favor...

And, you are the only one that can say "the car is tuned, it's all done". On this board, there is no reason to stop tuning, as the parts list constantly changes... if your car is never going to see another aftermarket part or race gas or anything, you could be getting close to tuning completion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts