DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright well where do I begin...

I have a 93' Talon TSI AWD

I recently had a new headgasket put on and everything ran great. So, I installed a few new parts on it. This is what all is done:

Prevous:
fmic
evo3 16g turbo
most free mods
tial wastgate
evo3 manifold
punishment racing o2 housing
Hallman boost controller

Just installed:
2g mas
walbro 255 fp
Aeromotive FPR
680cc injectors
dejon intake
keydriver chip (that I ordered)

Now, It starts and runs great but with the vacuum unhooked from the fpr I can't get it to go past 30 psi and the chip is set for 37psi. When I hook the vacuum back to it I can get it to set on 27-28 though. I'm only running 15 psi of boost and at 12 psi it pulls hard but anything past that is like theres nothing and it studders when at wot as soon you get into boost. I noticed on the paper that came with the chip that they had set it for 650cc injectors when I have 680cc. I don't know if that will make much a difference though. I have also noticed that I'm getting some smoke coming from somewhere between the turbo and the manifold. I'm lost I have searched and searched and can find nothing that relates to my issues. Any help would be great and thanks in advance.

Billy

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
The smoke from between the turbo and manifold is either a bad seal between the two, which isn't very likely if you know how to tighten bolts, or its a cracked manifold, which is most likely. That is, unless you didn't tighten the coolant or oil lines properly.

As for your other problems, its kinda hard to say the source, especially when you dropped 6 mods at once. Its usually best to start with one at a time, that way if something like this does happen, you can narrow down what the problem's source is because you've only changed one or two things.

Try looking for boost leaks with a leak tester, which you should have. Boost leaks are common sources of studdering/poor performing engines. After that, try looking at your newly purchased FPR, make sure its hooked up properly, and that you didn't accidently do something wrong. Not saying you did anything wrong, but its easy to overlook something when your involved deeply in the project.

Studdering under load/boost sounds a little like boost leaks to me, though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theres something else also, I put my boost controller back on and I'm going up past 20 pounds which I figure it is bad it looks pretty ruff. My problem is that after about 10-12 psi it jumps up to 21-22 real quick but has no power. Like it's just pushing air and doing nothing with it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.