DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2g 1995 talon tsi that I would like to put aftermarket seats In but I can find the cars specific brackets, I also don't have the option to make them so... If anyone knows where I can find them pls let me know... Thanks

·
Elite DSMtalker
688 Posts
For the most part this will be almost impossible to find, because most seats differ and you need specific seat/car combo bracket most of the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2g 1995 talon tsi that I would like to put aftermarket seats In but I can find the cars specific brackets, I also don't have the option to make them so... If anyone knows where I can find them pls let me know... Thanks
Ive only had one seat out briefly. Dont remember if the seat tracks are riveted or bolted to the seat frames. You can probably tell by looking under one of your seats. Either way that's your best source. Your own seat tracks if you can remove them from the seat bottoms and attach to the new seats. If you're looking for a 2nd set in case you want to reverse the process and not disfigure the original seats (or in case cutting is needed to remove the tracks) look for any 95-99 Talon, Eclipse, Avenger and possibly Sebring or even Neon (though the latter 3 may need some shimming with washers depending on how different the floor pans are. Should be similar though...plus you may need to buy the entire seat if the salvage yard doesnt sell seat tracks only or they require some surgery to remove.

Dont forget about the seat belts. If you change seats will your original belts work or do you plan to use them? If not...you may have a seat belt warning light on the dash (actually I dont remember if our cars have one) OR possibly the airbags may be disabled if the car doesnt sense the seat belt is latched. I cant say for sure but I believe thats how the SRS system works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I see what your saying and I have looked into it. There is not a seat belt security system. I've planned to just use the original seat brackets because I couldn't find the aftermarket once.

·
Elite DSMtalker
688 Posts
I suggest to join the 2g DSM parts trader group on Facebook. Two days ago a couple of racing seat brackets popped up in NJ. Just FYI.

·
Elite DSMtalker
688 Posts
That's unfortunate. I tried to alert the seller to this thread. Hopefully it will work out between you two :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts