DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay im in charleston south carolina... temp today was about 85 or 90 i think. i got out my pneumatic cutting wheel and forced my factory air box to contain my open element conical K&N to see if there was any difference using the snorkel system in the fender.. holy crap.. i had a big, i mean BIG difference.. now i know this may not be the same come winter but anyone down south should do this.. well i guess that depends on how much u are actually flowing..

------------------
J. Hunter Allred

'95 GS-T free mods, K&N, 3" HKS Superdragger, ACT2600, lightened flywheel, and otherthings that escape me at the moment. T-25 handicapped though. As you can see its a work in progress. Figure if i buy it i should buy it once :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Actually I run an open air K&N filter with cut can in the winter in Michigan. The car runs fine, actually great, but I learned to let the car idle and allow it get to operating temperature. This heats up the sensors, the car operates funny when I wasn't letting it warm up a lot. This may not be that far off, isn't the wire in the MAS temperature sensitive? BUt then again MI isn't the coldest of places.

[This message has been edited by pushandpull (edited September 12, 2000).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts