DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys:

I have a 1G with front mount intercooler and recirculated external wastegate o2 housing. Did anyone by any chance find a way to keep their AC with any setup similar to that? There is no place to mount any fans due to the positioning of the wastegate. I think it is impossible but please confirm if you have found any miracle solution.....

Thanks
Sam

·
Registered
284 Posts
Can you mount pusher fans on the front of the condenser? A couple slim-line aftermarket pieces should fit (?).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should get a picture of that thing to see what I mean It is so freaking tight.... But if you ahve a setup with some pictures with the AC and an external wastegate it would be great to post them to give an idea of possible location

·
Registered
284 Posts
Unfortunatley, I don't have pictures or a similar setup. However, mounting fans in between the front mount intercooler and the condenser will take the fans out of the engine bay (where space is at a premium). Most slim-line fans come with mounting hardware that will permit a direct mount to a heat exchanger (radiator, condenser, etc.). I'm assuming there is 2-3 inches of available space between the FMIC and condenser, so this may work for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts