DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With an intake, UIP, 1G BOV, cut dump tube, the air flow is greatly increased. My air/fuel ratio gauge is reading close to and sometimes on lean both at idle, and at cruising speeds. What is the correct position in those conditions. When is the gauge useful? Should I upgrade on the fuel side like a fuel pressure regulater perhaps?

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have an autometer A/F guage that I find to only really be usefull at full throttle. Otherwise it is jumpy and useless due to the ECU constantly adjusting the mixture.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also have an Autometer ( I forgot to mention that) It just seems to jump around more towards the lean side...?

·
Registered
87 Posts
mines the same way... some times it doesnt show anything at all but when i'm in WOT is the only time it only has 1 or 2 leds lit at a time... kinda wierd... btw... i have the autometer ultra-lite 2 1/16 a/f ratio gauge oh yeah and i have Intake, Exhaust, Test Pipe, BCS removed, and the dump tube is cut... i just bought my TurboXS type H BOV with greddy UIPs, and a S-AFC... will that BOV lean it out a little???

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
turbo=good said:
With an intake, UIP, 1G BOV, cut dump tube, the air flow is greatly increased. My air/fuel ratio gauge is reading close to and sometimes on lean both at idle, and at cruising speeds. What is the correct position in those conditions. When is the gauge useful? Should I upgrade on the fuel side like a fuel pressure regulater perhaps?
What you A/F gauge is telling is that your O2 sensor is almost dead. The only function of that gauge is to let you know if your O2 sensor is working properly. Never take it as a tuning tool. It's supposed to bounce back and forth. It it stays on the lean side at idle or while cruising or is moving slowly; it means that your O2 sensor passed away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts