DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a 96 GST Spyder, I wanted to know what things can the alarms now a days can controll, I know remote start and shit like that, But I want to know if like the windows can go down, or if the top can go down, or shit like that, is it possible, or am I ahead of our time?

·
Registered
116 Posts
You can definitely control the windows with add on modules for most alarms...I don't know about the top though. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible.

I've seen alarms that you can dial into from a phone and start, turn off, open doors, open windows, pretty much do everything except drive the car.

·
Registered
943 Posts
if the top is fully electric, IE you press a button and it goes completely down on its own, including UNLATCHING, then yes an alarm can control it, however if say you have to LATCH the top once it comes up... then no.... it wont be fully automated, youd have to go out and latch it yourself....

alarms can control anything electrical, stereo on/off, windows up/down/vented (open ~2inches) lock/unlock pop hood/trunk (with solenoids of course) if you spend the money for linear actuators... hell even open/close your hatch completely for ya... (have yet to find cheap linear actuators to play with *grumble*)

Hope that answers your question ;)

basically anything a relay can control, can be controlled by an alarm ;) if you plan on running lots of stuff off the alarm Vipers generally have the extender modules to add the extra channels, I cant recall another alarm that sells them or has as many channels.... *shrug* of course I havent looked recently...

·
Registered
747 Posts
Hey, tekky_98_TSi, Your reply is right on.

As far as,"(have yet to find cheap linear actuators to play with *grumble*) ," how many pounds do you need; and what do you refer to as "cheap?" The reason I ask is because I have a source for them, and I could hook you up if you needed. :santa:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts