DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my alarm yesterday and everything went smoothly until I tried to hook the parking lamp wire. Where the hell is this exactly and what color is it? Where does this wire end, plug and color maybe? I tried to find a GRN/WHT wire I think but there were too many and the one I tried didn't work. I have a 92 Talon AWD. Also, any suggestions for locating the siren and running a line through the firewall? Thanks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one wants to answer me...I've heard of mounting the siren somewhere in the bumper so no one can get to it to disable it but is there any room in these cars for that? I was going to mount it next to my air can or next to the battery, both have plenty of room though they are easy to get to. Also, does anyone know if aftermarket stereos are capable of dimming with the dash lights?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
1) Yes you can get aftermarket stereos to dim. The factory Infinity does, I'm pretty sure. (at least on 2G's)

2) I mounted my siren on the driver side near the cam gear cover (wheel well area). always aim your sirens DOWN. Near the battery I wouldn't recommend, you may need to take it (the battery) out at some point. battery + siren = crushed.

3) get out your trusty circuit tester, the parking light wire can be found along the left door sill, I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts