DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the car blew the 80A alternator fuse tonight (don't ask how)and I need to know how to remove it from the fuse box. It does not come out easily like the other large fuses. Do I have to undo the bolt at the base?

Next, my door locks/radio/dome lights are acting very weird right now. All of these items work when the car is running, but they do not work when the car is not running-even when the key is in the acc position. Is this because of the blown alternator fuse, or is this a different problem?

Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
175 Posts
i got you

I have blown that fuse before also and yes it does also afect the windows and stuff so when you replace it it should fix all that, if you havent figured it out all ready there are two screws on the bottom side of the fuse that you have to take out in order to get the fuse out, hopefully this all sounds normal i just got home from partying and i am kinda drunk so hopefuly you can understand alll this

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lucky you.

Thanks. Just knowing that I don't have to worry about my radio/doorlocks... not working without the car running will let me sleep much better tonight. Just curious, but does anyone know why these selected electrical items don't work when the alternator fuse blows? (the headlights, alarm, AFC, wipers all work fine with the car running and not running).

Thanks,
Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts