DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just did my alignment after installing my kyp gr2 and my eibach pro kit. and i have get these numbers:
front: camber left = -1.5
right = -1.6
toe left = 0.05
right =0.05
rear camber left = -2.7
right = -2.3
toe left = 0.25
right = 0.15
i also installed four tires so i don't want to have to replace them soon.
so do you think i need a camber kit?

·
Registered
69 Posts
For the Eibachs that claim 1.3" drop, you dont need a camber kit. You alignment shop SHOULD put you on zero toe (0.05 is close enough). Front camber, I would be satisfied with -1.0

It's strange that your rear has over -2 degrees of camber. Do the washer/bolt method in vfaq.com if everything else fails.

I would actually question the capability of that shop to do alignment.

·
Banned
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help man.
i was also suprised why the camber and toe of the rear did not change from before and after the alignment. i did my alignment at goodyears, i assumed they knew what they are doing, i guess not. i will definitely talk to them again.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've been running the tokico 5 way adjustables and pro kits for years. I've always had a uneven wear problem. I recent got some longer bolts, washer and installed them on the rear. I took the car to butler and they did a great job with the alignment on the car. My tires seems to be wearing more evenly than before. I would say the alignment helped more than the bolts and washers.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Front camber is great if you lowered your car for some better handling. If you just want good tire wear and the looks of being lowered then increase your front camber to around -1 to -.7.

The rear you should decrease regardless to around -1, unless you want more camber in the front :D

I run -2 front, -1.5 rear daily on my talon with ~0 toe. Tire wear isnt bad, just get your tires rotated (not just wheels) every once in a while.

-Dallas J

1 - 8 of 8 Posts