DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Read the article and very nicely done, ive been debating on upgrading to two 255s or going Bosch, how much does the Bosch flow compared to a 255 or two of them? This will be very helpful if i decide to make a change to Bosch.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
i have done this meathod before, i don't care for that pump, being that it doesn't seem to have a strainer though. anyhow, pretty decent writeup.

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clamps are used on the return line stock, so there's nothing unusual here. It holds pressure without leaking and that's all that matters.

The Bosch pump has an internal filter, so no sock is needed.

I'm not sure the flow differences between the Bosch and the Walbro. Click here for a basic chart from jayracing's site.

·
Registered
249 Posts
nukefission said:
Clamps are used on the return line stock, so there's nothing unusual here. It holds pressure without leaking and that's all that matters.
The return line isn't highly pressurised anyhow, it's only bleed-off from the FPR. A clamp is all that's needed there.

Not to be stepping on THE MAN's toes or anything :D

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
nukefission said:
I'm not sure the flow differences between the Bosch and the Walbro. Click here for a basic chart from jayracing's site.
thanks for that link it was visually helpfull too me.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
nukefission said:

The Bosch pump has an internal filter, so no sock is needed.

i apologize, i thought it was the feed line.. good work

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No, it was the feed line. But again, it holds pressure without leaking. It is not abnormal for the pump to be installed this way while still making use of the stock lines.

And yes, the return isn't under a lot of pressure anyway.

·
Registered
724 Posts
How's the sound of this pump, in comparison? I am thinking about it, as I'll run outta fuel for my 255, and it seems that 2 255's are harder to install then 1 of these pumps.

-A. Swift

·
Registered
724 Posts
I like the whine of the walbro. Never bothered me-in fact, i pulled that black foam insulator off of it to make it a bit louder. My car's gutted, and so I don't care if i hear everything. Its either this pump, 2 walbros, or an aero 1k.

-A. Swift

·
Honorary Moderator
4,835 Posts
What's difficult about it? Just do the same thing Victor did but drill 2 holes for 2 bulkhead fittings (-6an.) You will need to get (2) female -6an to 3/8" (socketless hose) barb end fittings to attach the pumps. Buy a Magnaflow or NOS "Y" fitting (-6,-6,-8) & join the two -6an lines from the bulkheads. Then do -8an from the fitting to the rail. You will need to tap a -8an fitting onto the rail.

IMO though, it's best to do the 1 intank like he did and add an inline pump if you run out of fuel. Kinda a PITA physically getting 2 pumps in the tank plus it may not work very well. Choose your poison.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Yea diambo4life, I wrote up the whole parts list and drew a picture of the dal walbro pump setup. I still kinda wanna do that, as walbros are rather cheap, especially used. And, since I already have one, it makes the cost a lot easier to eat, rather then a 225 dollar pump like the bosch.

-A. Swift

·
Honorary Moderator
4,835 Posts
Yeah, but the Walbros aren't quite know for their long term reliability. I have personally killed 2 of them and they weren't very old. Makes sense to spend more money and buy a BETTER quality and higher flowing pump which will cost LESS in the long run eh? :)

When I kill my current Wally intank I wil definitely be tossing a Bosch in the tank you better believe it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts