DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 talon FWD NA.
It is smoking like hell, so i'm going to have to rering and do valve seals.
The question is i found a fresh rebuild TSI motor from a 91 for an excelent price. Will this motor bolt in and be able to run with my NA parts until, i am able to get turbo and ic and whatnot? :dunno:

I tried searching but i keep getting 404 errors, Do not want to miss out on this deal if i can help it.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I think if yours is a 7 bolt you will need to do some rewiring like any swap. I'm pretty sure 92.5 is when the 7 bolt was being dropped in. Aside from that, the motor will bolt up.. but the swap guys know more about this than I do. I always stayed far away from NA stuff.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Everything bolts in the same, everything wires up the EXACT same, use the n/t water pipe, intake manifold, exhaust manifold, throttle body, oil filter housing, and water kneck, you can go ahead and run the turbo cams, they will work just fine.

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
You can drop the shortblock in, but use all the accessories (water pipe, thermo housing, intake manifold) from the nt or you'll have coolant and oil going places it shouldn't.

It will be slow as balls, you're going from 9:1 compression to 7.8:1. NA that'll be slower than the 1.8's probably until you get the turbo bits on there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input, I know its gonna be a dog but cant afford too much downtime waiting for the turbo stuff.. How about my FWD auto tranny, I think this motor is from an awd auto will that cause any problems?

appreciate all the help i can get..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.