DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering what all cars are powered by a 4g63 because i was planning on owning a dizzum by now but i spent 4100 on a new sled i still wanta car but cant afford one right now, but all i no that have a 4g63 are gallants, 2000GtX, the mightymaxy has a 4g64 i think but can be converted, so what else is there and if there are any very cheap, thanks in advance

·
Registered
363 Posts
sledneck_DSMER said:
i was wondering what all cars are powered by a 4g63 because i was planning on owning a dizzum by now but i spent 4100 on a new sled i still wanta car but cant afford one right now, but all i no that have a 4g63 are gallants, 2000GtX, the mightymaxy has a 4g64 i think but can be converted, so what else is there and if there are any very cheap, thanks in advance

Eclipse , Talon , Galant VR4 , Evo are the only 1's that come stock with the 4g63

But is your question what will the 4G63 motor fit in or what?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Spoolednuts said:
Eclipse , Talon , Galant VR4 , Evo are the only 1's that come stock with the 4g63

But is your question what will the 4G63 motor fit in or what?
Evo's are the only one that come stock with a 4g63?!?!?!:chair:

·
Registered
170 Posts
sledneck_DSMER said:
What the hell is a 2000GtX? The 3G I4 Eclipses have a 4G64 in them. Some parts like exhaust manifold, turbo, etc will bolt up to them. You can also use Evo parts on them, since their motor is positioned the same as the Evo's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
mighty max's had the 4g63 as well. carbed though, converting everything on it is pretty easy. Getting a tranny to hold up on the other hand...

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Your best bet is a turbo colt/mirage. The 4g61 is not bad i hear. Beat the piss out of it and swap a 4g63 when it goes.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I have a 89 Mighty max with the 4g63 turbo swap. I went through my first transmission last month and now i have converted a Mazda b2600i bellhousing to a turbo II rx7 tranny and this tranny is about 20 times better than the mighty max tranny. Havent grinded a gear yet. I want to undergo the 4g64/3 hybrid conversion for it and use a racing built starion tranny.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,386 Posts
Here's my list of candidates for a 63 swap:

- 4g61 powered Elantras, Mirages, Dodge Colts
- Mighty Max's of course
- Starions
- 2000 gtx (basically an nt fwd galant with eagle badging)
- It's possible in hondas (civics, crx's .... etc) but is obviously not a direct drop in.

I've always wanted to get a 50s pickup and do a rwd 4g63 or an Sr20 swap just because it would be unique and it would rip.

I can see you're trying to find something cheap but just because the initial cost of the car is low doesn't mean that dropping a 63 in will be cheap. You and I both know that the block won't go in stock and also that you'll get sick of fwd in about 15 mins. So unless you're planning to steal my block out of the garage along with my built tranny and spare t-cases just wait until you have the money for an awd dsm.

·
Premium Member
3,305 Posts
wasnt there a few hyundis (sp i know) that came with the 63?

swade

1 - 20 of 36 Posts