DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm starting flight training soon. Going to get my private pilot's license.

I started a long time ago, never finished. Now it's time to FINISH THE SHIT I STARTED!!

Hopefully I'll be flying to VT for snowboard trips this winter instead of driving. Yeahhhh.

Anyone else fly?

·
Registered
486 Posts
We have a guy in out local club that's a pilot.....

On that note: Our club is going sky diving next month... I'm so excited :D

·
Registered
101 Posts
How much does it cost to get you license? It's something that i would like to do but I hightly doubt i will have the cash for it till i get out of school and get a real job.

AWD_ENVY said:
On that note: Our club is going sky diving next month... I'm so excited :D [/B]
I went last year and it was fricken awesome, are you going to do a tandem or are you going single?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
coligan said:
How much does it cost to get you license? It's something that i would like to do but I hightly doubt i will have the cash for it till i get out of school and get a real job.
For the certificate figure about $5,000 give or take a few hundred..

·
1,770 Posts
Iceman21 will be starting soon, if he hasn't started already.

·
Registered
346 Posts
The CLAW

For the CLAW: If your NOT one of those Taliban fuckers trying to learn to fly a plane,then good luck to you sir'. lol I have been wanting to go for a pilots license for 10 years. Marriage and money got in the way of those things though. "good luck"

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: The CLAW

95eclipseGST said:
For the CLAW: If your NOT one of those Taliban fuckers trying to learn to fly a plane,then good luck to you sir'. lol I have been wanting to go for a pilots license for 10 years. Marriage and money got in the way of those things though. "good luck"
Hahaa.. Don't worry about that. I've been wanting to fly/have flown since I was like 8. First flight of a Cessna 152 at 11yrs old. I can pretty much fly anything with wings, just not legally. Figure it's time to go get certified.

I fly RC Planes and Helis too.. They're cool, but you can't go along for the ride. That's why I am choosing to get back into flying and actually take it to the next level this time. Back then I was young and poor. Now I'm in my mid 20's, got a full time job, and I think I may be able to afford it! hehe.. We'll see...
THanks

·
Registered
475 Posts
my gran papa is a pilot
doesnt have a plane though =/

id love to try it. im damm good at flight simulators..heh
i also wanna try skydiving. theres just something about leaping out of a plane 10,000 feet above the ground and living. makes me want to do it so i can laugh and say, 'psh i did that'.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If anyone cares... I start flight training September 9th! WooooT!!

Now I'm going to be doing nothing but thinking about it and counting down the days...

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
Well, I can't fly personally because I'm a diabetic but my dad is a retired NW 747-400 captain. We have a seaplane sitting at the house on the lake and he also has a 1953 pacer taildragger. One of his buddies has a 2 million $ chopper that has every single piece of electronics you can think of and they go around to shows and give rides for $ for the hell of it. UPS uses the chopper for demo reasons once a year because of the electronics. Claw, you can make some good $ being a pilot ;)

·
1,770 Posts
RippinGSX said:
Well, I can't fly personally because I'm a diabetic but my dad is a retired NW 747-400 captain. We have a seaplane sitting at the house on the lake and he also has a 1953 pacer taildragger. One of his buddies has a 2 million $ chopper that has every single piece of electronics you can think of and they go around to shows and give rides for $ for the hell of it. UPS uses the chopper for demo reasons once a year because of the electronics. Claw, you can make some good $ being a pilot ;)
Looks like it if your dad has two planes :)

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
RippinGSX said:
How come you can't fly because of diabetes? Because of the danger of passing out and stuff? My brother's diabetic, but I didn't know they had restrictions like that..

That's awesome about what your dad has. And I know what you mean about making $$$.. My friend who is hooking me up with the training flies the founder of Yankee Candle's lear jet.. 10 days a month he works, and his house is huge, and his toys are expensive! And he;s like 30. Cool..

I can't wait.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
Couple hundred for ground school books, and taking a test. Then $35-50/hr for the plane, instructor additional if you don't have a friend. 40 hrs instruction time and your all set. I actually flew a plane before I could walk:D I never bothered getting my license, since my dad always flew anyways. I might get it in a few years, but enjoy playing with my car for now.

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
Hopefully the regulations will change someday for proven regulated diabetics but untill then :( for me. My dad has a bunch of buddies that bought planes because of him giving them free lessons and instrument ratings. He is a licensed instructor in single and twin engine and a licensed ifr instructor and chopper instructor, did I mention he is also the Michigan Aeronautics commissioner? He hangs out with the govenor a lot :D Gov. Engler has been at my dads house with his wife and kids, whoopie!!

·
1,770 Posts
RippinGSX said:
Hopefully the regulations will change someday for proven regulated diabetics but untill then :( for me. My dad has a bunch of buddies that bought planes because of him giving them free lessons and instrument ratings. He is a licensed instructor in single and twin engine and a licensed ifr instructor and chopper instructor, did I mention he is also the Michigan Aeronautics commissioner? He hangs out with the govenor a lot :D Gov. Engler has been at my dads house with his wife and kids, whoopie!!
Engler was the best thing to happen to Michigan.

·
Elite DSMtalker
2,615 Posts
RippinGSX said:
Hehe, our dad's probably know each other. I think my dad has all the same ratings except the heli part. He's flown Bonior around a few times I think too (my dad's friend lets him use their twin, so he helps them out too)

·
Registered
12,621 Posts
scotthidley said:

Hehe, our dad's probably know each other. I think my dad has all the same ratings except the heli part. He's flown Bonior around a few times I think too (my dad's friend lets him use their twin, so he helps them out too)
It's a good posibility, my dad seems to know everybody and their brother. Do you know Lyn Walton? He is the guy with the chopper and is a major $$$ soybean farmer in Imlay city MI. His hanger for his chopper is bigger than his house.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts