DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems from reading other people's posts that "If you're going to change your oil on a 91-up DSM, you're most likely to crush the oil cooler."

Are there any tips for putting the new oil filter on and NOT crushing the oil cooler? (maybe turn the filter until it touches the metal, and then turn it a quarter of a turn?)

also...

I haven't gotten a chance to follow the lines for this cooler, but in front of my radiator is another front mount cooler. It's almost a foot long and about half a foot high. Again, I haven't been able to trace the lines to it yet, but I am guessing it's for my manual transmission? does anyone else have this extra cooler in front of their radiator and know what it is for? (no it's not an intercooler :) )

·
Registered
173 Posts
Go to the VFAQ - it details a way to shim the water cooler jacket to minimize the chance of crushing it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BUCK ROGERS said:
Go to the VFAQ - it details a way to shim the water cooler jacket to minimize the chance of crushing it.
I read that article about the guy who sliced his cooler in half and made the site about it (before I posted here) and he didn't mention the exact size washer(s) to use :confused:

If he gave some numbers I'd buy them in an instant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts