DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The link on vfaq.com for the cooling fan relay bypass on a 1G is dead, and I don't remember the directions off the top of my head. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
On the passenger side relay box, look for the radiator fan relay (I think it's the left most middle row).

Use a jumper wire, connect the left two pins. One on top and the other at the bottom. The fan should turn on instantly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
jw;

By connecting the left two pins what do you get?

- Does this mean that the cooling fan is on all the time no matter what?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am interested in this as well. I would like a manual fan switch to turn both fans on at the same time.

·
Registered
10 Posts
?

could someone please help us with an answer??

It would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Re: Anybody remember the cooling fan relay bypass FAQ? (1G)

boosteddsm said:
Victor,
Still have ac? If not, you can use the ac button to turn on the fans.
Is there any other way to wire the fans to get them both to turn on besides running the AC?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
OK here it is

The relay is located in the box at the drivers side firewall. Pop the cover off and you'll see some relays and fuses. The relay you want is the middle one on the passengers side. It's round and silver on top, has 4 metal electrical tabs on the bottom. Pull the relay out and you'll see 4 terminals that the relay engages. The two terminals you're looking for are the two closest to the firewall. Test it by sticking a jumper wire in those two terminals. Both fans should come on. The fans should turn on regardless of wether the engine is on or off, so make sure you don't run the battery down with the engine off.

I recomend using a switch mounted in the dash somewhere to turn the fans on and off when you like. It's a great mod for someone with a FMIC.

·
Honorary Administrator
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah I know. But since I no longer have the condensor core either, I never have the need to turn on the fan other than when the computer deems it necessary.

·
Registered
32 Posts
DRW said:
OK here it is

The relay is located in the box at the drivers side firewall. Pop the cover off and you'll see some relays and fuses. The relay you want is the middle one on the passengers side. It's round and silver on top, has 4 metal electrical tabs on the bottom. Pull the relay out and you'll see 4 terminals that the relay engages. The two terminals you're looking for are the two closest to the firewall. Test it by sticking a jumper wire in those two terminals. Both fans should come on. The fans should turn on regardless of wether the engine is on or off, so make sure you don't run the battery down with the engine off.

I recomend using a switch mounted in the dash somewhere to turn the fans on and off when you like. It's a great mod for someone with a FMIC.
I did this but it did not work on my car. I tried it on a friends 90AWD & his worked but only 1 fan turned on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm not sure what to tell you. The mod works on my 90 and my 92. Both of my cars have A/C. Does yous? I'm guessing you have some electrical problems with the fans. Check the fuses and all connections, test the fans to see if they come on when the A/C is on.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts