DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any hints on how to install a streetglow kit on 95 2g, making it where the bulbs are hiding. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Underglow=pain in the a**

i just finished installing mine on my 95 gsx. i suppose if you just wanted to put them on quickly and forget about it, it might be simpler. But I wanted them to last for a long time so here it goes. The way I did it.

-First i took a piece of like U Pipe(kinda it looked like |_| kinda but i cut it to the correct length and i drilled holes through the floor and put bolts through. but before I tightned them i put hose clamps where the little supports were on the lights. After that i put 2 strips of this foam its was like 1/2 inch wide I think it was weather stripping stuff,in the 'U' tube, i suppose you could get it at the local hardware store i got mine at builders warehouse. then I put the lights in and placed a thin piece of foam between the light and the hose clamp. then i just tightened the clamps and voila. I also drilled a hole through the floor and ran my wires through some tubing into the car,as to not get beat up, this has worked well for me. I didnt really specify but if you look under the sides of the car there is a small ledge there I just placed them right next to them( hides them well) For the front i did the same process but i bolted them to the plastic on the bottom of the front bumper
(also hidden well) For the back i just put it where the bolts hold the bottom of the rear bumper on.( not hidden the best) cant see up close but from a little ways away you can see like half of it. Sorry so long just tryin to help. Hope it helps and not just confuses you hehe.

-peace

·
Registered
45 Posts
take yer time,and keep yer patience.i put some on my camaro,and holy crap did i have a hell of a time with it.took me a total of 3-4 days to do,since i didnt have all the time in the world between g/f,work,car time,and weather holding up.but just make sure you have all the tools you need,and plan everything out that youre going to do.go over the car and figure out where youre going to drill holes,mount the neons themselves,run wires,and mount the transformer to a good ground.i did mine on my wheelwell in the camaro.worked perfect once some paint was sanded away,and it looks pretty good too.well hope that helped.remember,patience is a virtue,and time is never wasted when it comes to yer car looking nice.:)

·
Registered
44 Posts
my shop does these all the time. The Gold seiries that is, and the best way is zippie ties. Blow 3 holes in each side. The front is siple, and the back on will look shitty if you don't hide it right. I put my way back, Maybee on the sway bar, but loose enough so that it still can flex, but im not sure about the back one. I just know it looked like crap and you could see the bulb. also for the love of god, don't have the bulbs showing.....IT LOOKS GAY!:rice:

·
Registered
639 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
i can get the pics tomorrow while its sunny if someone could host them for me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts