DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new Parabola video from Tool is WICKED as hell ! Anyone seen this video yet? Tool has got to be my favorite band of all time. If you havent seen it ,you can download it on Kazaa or another file sharing network. Let me know what you guys think ! :hail: :rockon: :created:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Yea I saw it a few weeks ago. I will agree that it kicks ass, it is weird as usual. The song isn't as good if you don't listen to Parabol first though. :)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny you say that

" The song isnt as good if you dont listen to parabol first" Thats funny you say that cause every time we are in the car going to the club or something i get pissed when someone forwards it to parabola. You MUST play parabol FIRST. Its just one of those things. Did you know that Tool is pretty deep into witchcraft ? I never knew that until recently when i was on their website reading an interview that they did. Danny Carey is the one into it the most "the drummer" he uses a certain kind of witchcraft board even has it on stage next to him at concerts while he is playing.They are all into a few various forms of witchcraft. Does anyone in here know anything about witchcraft ? If anyone is ..PM me a line cause i wanted to ask a couple of questions. Anyway i got the info straight from their official website. www.toolband.com The old men at the beginning of the video are witches at the beginning of a ritual in black magic witchcraft. :created:

·
Registered
374 Posts
All I know is that Tool has changed completely into something that I despise. Albums 1-3 were true Tool: hard, angry, and uncaring. Lateralus is a completely changed group. No longer do they represent the things which attracted me in the first place. In my opinion, they did not evolve into something greater, they turned against their earlier selves in some kind of midlife religious awakening and killed all that they previously stood for. I will never listen to Lateralus again. -Ian

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I still like tool, I have the last two cd's and the one from perfect circle. I wasn't much for the perfect circle one. But aniema is my fav cd of all time right next to nirvanas live at the muddy banks...
Where have you guys seem the vid? mtv doesn't play shit anymore, I miss the grunger days sooo bad. I could dress like I still do now and I was cool not a dirt ball.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
Re: funny you say that

95eclipseGST said:
[BDid you know that Tool is pretty deep into witchcraft ? I never knew that until recently when i was on their website reading an interview that they did. Danny Carey is the one into it the most "the drummer" he uses a certain kind of witchcraft board even has it on stage next to him at concerts while he is playing.They are all into a few various forms of witchcraft. [/B]
I hope you know that you should take anything any member of Tool says in an interview with a grain of salt. They admittingly make shit up and say weird things just to confuse people. Supposedly they won some award a while back, and when they went on stage they thanked Satan, just to make everyone think "WTF"?

They've also said they study lachrymology or something, the study of crying. Like I said, grain of salt. Check out the Tool FAQ and you will learn a lot about them.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
no i havent seen it yet...dont watch that much tv. plus i think MTV blows goat. btw, do any tool fans know what this means.

song number 7 on aenima (hooker with a penis) what does he mean when he says... "and he claimed that he was OGT/back from 92/from the first ep...

this is what the tool faq says.

What's OGT anyway?

In the song "Hooker With a Penis", Maynard sings about a kid who claims to be OGT. The general belief is that OGT means Original Gansta Tool (a twist on Ice-T's OG - Original Gangsta), and it's basically someone who's been a Tool fan since 1992, the year Opiate was released.

Now, there's nothing wrong with that, but sometimes an idiot pops along and screams at everybody, claiming that they're not "true" fans of Tool.

i dunnno what it means...anyone have any insight

·
Registered
304 Posts
I love tool, and APC (A Perfect Circle, not the al-gayzza company). I have to say Lateralus is more art-rock than their previous work, but I think it's still better than 99% of music these days. It has so many layers and is so structured, a lot of work goes into those arrangements. I thought APC's album was just behind Aenima as my favorite Maynard related album.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts