DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over all a nice looking intake kit. Everything bolted onto the MAS perfectly. Only problem was the mounting bracket. I had to hack saw it to make it shorter and drill a new hole for the screw. Took about 1 hour to install becuase I can never find the right tools when I need them :( BTW you will need 10mm socket and wrench when removing/installing this intake. A good fat star phillips screw driver too.

Took it out for a spin and it's actually quieter then my stock air box... Even the BOV is quieter. Why I don't know... Didn't get to play with it too much though... The roads were wet and my tires lost traction a few times. I have the heat shield installed as well, maybe that's why.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well after driving the car a little more I guess you can hear the turbo spool up a little more. Also the BOV is a lower pitch whoooosh. When the car gets up to red line though the motor makes so much noise you can't really hear it. I guess I just have to raise the boost one of these days :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts