DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What dose everyone think of the Apexi AFC Neo is it worth the buy??? And also i just boght it waiting on it to come in but would i still need a translator if i have this?????

This could be considered the fourth generation of AFC controller from Apexi. It still has +/- 50% fuel control, with 16 points of adjustably which is variable in 500 rpm increments. But it now can do so much more! It is a full fuel control piggy back that now can be used as an SAFC as well as a VAFC for honda's with VTEC. They unit has an "easy" and "pro" modes that allow the user to control 8 or 16 points on the fuel graph.

Apexi has even redesigned the face so that easy one handed adjustments can be made as well the face plate is easy to read thanks to the their inverting anti glare screen. The display can be changed to slightly different colors as well as well as an interchangable back ground.

The AFC Neo can also display things like VTEC control, Karmann, Pressure in Kpa, Air Flow %, Correction %, Battery Voltage, Throttle %, and RPM signal.

For controls and settings, the AFC Neo can do Air Map, Thorrtle Point, Air Map Graph, Deceleration Air, VTEC control and VTEC unmatch!

·
Registered
286 Posts
No, you need the 'translator' to run a GM MAF set up. The SAFC lets you run moderately bigger injectors (660's are at the ragged edge).

·
Registered
434 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The NEO is a POS... it only has option to store 1 map... the safc2 can store 2 fuel maps (or airflow, whatever). Who cares, if it can handle 16 points anyway, there´s not much difference at all from the safc 2 which can handle 12.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts