DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to tune the APEXI ITC controller? Connecting the wires was very easy but I don't really know how to tune the thing. Right now I have my setting at

800 = 0 degree
2400 = +1 degree
4000 = +5 degree
5000 = +3 degree
7000 = +3 degree

I have bigger fuel pump, 550 injectors, sparco fmic, t3/t4 turbo, and super afc if this helps at all.

Any help would greatly be appreciated,
Seng

·
Registered
315 Posts
What is the benefit of the Apex ITC. I've read somewhere (on the clubdsm site I think) that the ECU will advance the timing until it hears knocking. I seem to remember that the ECU would advance as far as 30 degrees if no knocking was present.

If this is true. What does the ITC do that is better than this?

------------------
95GSX

·
Registered
112 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ohmygawd:
I seem to remember that the ECU would advance as far as 30 degrees if no knocking was present.

If this is true. What does the ITC do that is better than this?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

30 degrees would be for 1st gen DSM's. 2nd gens usually see 17-19 degrees (on average) without any ignition timing mods because of their higher compression pistons than 1st gens.

Jeff

·
Registered
83 Posts
get a datalogger!!! If the ECU is already pulling timing because of knock it's not going to do you any good to try and re-advance the timing. That will only lead to premature motor death. Datalog a few runs and see what the timing loks like without any advance. If your not seeing any knock that is where the ITC comes into play to help get some more advance when it's "safe" to do so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts