DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a full turbo back 3 inch exhaust from www.aieonline.com it was the cheapest I could find it ...does any one have this exhaust on there 1g with full down pipe and exhaust? just wondering what yous have thought of it thanxs...

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I think it sucks. I have broken the flex section on my DP 3 times. :mad: I finally had my buddy cut out the flex section and weld in a soild pipe. Oh yeah, the hangers keep breaking off. I need to re-weld the damn thing every 3 weeks. POS. :realmad:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are you hittin it on shit since you are low to the ground or just from driving it?

·
Registered
310 Posts
i love mine

i have a 2g and i have the turbo back i am happy with it. i have had it for about 6 months and it seems the longer i have it the louder it gets. it has a nice rich throaty sound to it but growls on wot. i would say go for it and enjoy it. i have never had anything break and i hit quite a few speed bumps. all and all it is a 10. good luck and enjoy.

Martin

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Pseidon said:
are you hittin it on shit since you are low to the ground or just from driving it?
My car is only lowered 2 inches. I have never scraped the exhaust.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I got one on my 2g and the quality is top notch, but I guess they suck on 1gs. 1G suckers.:p

Rob

·
Registered
22 Posts
What up guys...i have a question. the N1 exhuast for a 2G GST, does the piping go under the rear control arm, or above it. i had the tanabe racing medallion, and the piping went under the control arm. is the N1 the same? thanks for the info

·
Registered
195 Posts
Regarding breaking flex section....

I have a friend that had that same problem with his n-1 but I don't . He did find out that due to worn motor mount problems , his motor was moving around way to much even during normal driving . He fixed that & never had that problem again. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Re: Regarding breaking flex section....

Wayne said:
I have a friend that had that same problem with his n-1 but I don't . He did find out that due to worn motor mount problems , his motor was moving around way to much even during normal driving . He fixed that & never had that problem again. Hope that helps.
I have Prothane Motor Mounts. And I still have that problem.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The Apexi n1 cat back exhaust will not cause your down pipe to crack.. If you bought a down pipe with out a flex section then you will have problems with any exhaust. that Also depends on the person car thou too. I would try to weld a flex in the down pipe and not worry about what exhaust causes this because it not the exhaust falt. I have the apexi N1 with a test pipe and hahn race craft down pipe. i love it.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I love my Apexi N1.

Wish they made some more DSM products other than electrics though. The GT series exhaust (Stainless 3.5" exhaust) or a dual N1 (Twin N1 canister exits) would be *very* nice, and maybe jack up the rear a little bit on the hangers for us GSX people.

Top notch quality product for a price that's a lot less and a lot better than the "Big Name" stuff like HKS/GReddy/etc...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Gee, I never had one problem with my N1. I've had it on since March of 2001, and this is my daily driver. I'd say it has over 30k miles on it so far. No rust, no cracking.
My only difference here is that I have a Buschur 2.5DP and I made my own 2.5" - 3" test pipe that bolts up to the N1. I was considering the purchase of the N1 DP. Maybe I won't.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have apexi n1 exhaust with down pipe. I have had it for 7 months scince I have owned my car and I have had no problem with it at all. I love it it is great.

·
Registered
22 Posts
POKEY....What up man. they now do have the GT spec exhuast for our cars. the price tho is really high, its like over $700 just for the catback. chk out optionsautosalon.com they have it there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ive got the whole n1 system 3"downpipe,test pipeand catback all great quality big 3" w/115mm tip not ungodly loud either only under boost it gets loud. I highly recommend apex i good fit and finish and on awd's miminal bends on front drivers it goes over the rear sup. arms so there are some......late:D

·
Registered
619 Posts
DSM2nr said:
POKEY....What up man. they now do have the GT spec exhuast for our cars. the price tho is really high, its like over $700 just for the catback. chk out optionsautosalon.com they have it there.
Cool

800 bucks!? Ouch ouch ouch ouch...... That's a LOT...

I'd have to hear some reviews/usage of it before I drop that amount of change on a cat-back though.

·
Registered
15 Posts
have you got your exhaust yet? how did you like the service cause i am thinking about ordering the greddy icp and bov since they are cheap on them.

·
Registered
81 Posts
i have the n1 downpipe/catback combo on my 1g and love the powergains, sound, and look. Nothing negative to say about this exhaust.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts