DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do a 2Gb conversion on my 95 and I found a guy locally with a 98 spyder that I can buy the rear bumper from. Are there any differences between the spyder rear bumper and the non-convertible bumpers?

·
Premium Member
4,661 Posts
Are you wanting to do a 2gB conversion?

Where in Olathe are you located? I live in Johnson County as well.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Nope, you need headlights from a 97-99 to make the front bumper work on a 95-96. As for the rear, Its pretty much the same..

Edit, I just realized you asked about the rear's so I'm assuming you knew about the front already but I left it up anyway.;)

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
HOT97ECLIPSEGSX said:
Are you wanting to do a 2gB conversion?

Where in Olathe are you located? I live in Johnson County as well.
How close are both of you to Manhattan/Wamego?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Olathe is on the Southwest side of Kansas City. It is about 1 hour and 45 min to Manhattan. Why?

·
Registered
26 Posts
-Just trying to clarify things for my own swap on my 96. I want to do the 98-99 style also, all I would need is headlights and bumpers?

·
Registered
80 Posts
When we did a 98 swap on our 95 gst, we found that the wiring from the reverse lights of the 95 was not long enough to reach the round lights that the 98 has. So, we have no reverse lights in the back hooked up at the moment. Of course, I'm not sure if this is a common problem or not with all of them or just something we ran into.

Also, with the front bumper...the fog lights are in a different spot and the fog light brackets didn't match up either. Along with what everyone else said about needing the headlights to prevent the huge gap around the lights if you used the old ones.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The reverse light problem is a simple fix tho. If you are converting from a talon to a eclipse 2gb butt end you just have to run longer wires from the eclipse lights. They have the same harness on the actual taillight. Look for the 2 short wires towards the middle that have heat shrink on them. i believe they are red and blue. just lengthen those and hook em to your eclipse backup lights. for 2ga to 2gb just extend your wires longer
cj

1 - 13 of 13 Posts