DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front

Toe: LF = -0.01, RF = -0.04
Camber: LF= 0.1, RF = -0.2

Total Toe: -0.05

Rear

Toe: LR = 0.08, RR = 0.21
Camber: LR = -2.0, RR = -1.5

Total Toe: 0.30

I just bought a set of new tires so I want to make sure there is no premature or uneven tire wear. Right now I am concerned with the RF Camber becasue it is supposed to be positive, the RR toe becasue it is nowhere close to the LR toe. Ideally I would like zero toe but will settle somewhere close. Do I need to get another alignment or am I okay for now? :confused: Thanks for any input or advice.

·
Registered
605 Posts
dont worry to much about camber. what you should focus on more is TOE.
make sure its at 0 everywhere for optimum thread life.
toe will eat up thread in no time compared to negative camber and i'll give you my 91gsx as an example. after lowering it with some B&G springs (1.6" drop) and kyb agx's the rear camber was -4* the front was at 0*.
however the front toe was out of spec (the tech that did it had no clue what he was doing). the front tires worn to the cords on the outside edge in less than a month. the rears never showed any signs of wear, even when i sold the car (about 1 year later).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should I get an alignment asap then? I mean the front toe on both sides is pretty close to 0, it is the just the rear toe that I am concerned about. I heard of experiences like yours that is why I am so worried about wearing down my tires. -4 Camber? Geez :eek: Did you buy an eccentric bushing kit for the rear or what? From what I hear it is not a big deal to install.

·
Registered
605 Posts
you should have it set to 0 as soon as possible.
actually my car when it was stock was -1* in the rear and after lowering it it went down to -2*
then i took it to the alignment shop and somehow ended up with -4*
of camber in the rear, the tech said the rear camber was not adjustable on my car yet it was clearly shown on the printout that it was -2* before they started adjusting anything. i did it by my self in my garage few weeks later using a level, and got it back to -2*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts