DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Elite DSMtalker
3,738 Posts
the general style is good, but the quality of the workmanship is the issue at hand. since none of these are made by high volume vendors it's not unlikely that they're not of the best quality.

but major distribution isn't always the key. i have one on my car that a friend of mine builds and distributes locally and from what i know there probably aren't more than 4 or 5 existing. the thing is that it works better than any mbc i've ever seen. i mean no spiking whatsoever even at 19 psi and the thing is dead on consistent each time. it also spools insanely fast, and better than my last one i had. so maybe these aren't that bad afterall, i'd advise you to e-mai lthe seller and try to find out who else he's sold these to. they could provide the information that you're looking for.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The first link is actually the controller I run on my car (the one from Eatonton, GA). I got it from him before he was selling on e-bay. It holds very steady with no spike. Very satisfied. It is defnitely worth the $25 I paid for it!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey venom is it like the other MBC's where there are no tools required to install, and does it come with the 4 cable ties, and hose pre-installed? or do i have to buy that on my own?....thanx

·
Registered
122 Posts
You could just go down to your local hardware store and make one yourself...they are very simple and effective design, consisting of a brass t, two nipple fittings, a steel ball and spring, and a screw for adjustment. But if you wish to just buy one, there should really be no issues of build quality, they are very simple. I would just make sure they are ball and spring type.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
the one I got from the guy in Eatonton (I think his name was Phillip?) does not require any tools to install. Well, maybe a pair of pliars (sp?) to pull the zip ties tight (or hose clamps - which ever you prefer). I actually used an adjustable hose clamp where the line attatches to the WG actuator since the line I used was larger than the nipple. He may give you the zip ties and vaccum line now, but when I got mine it was just the controller. It takes a little larger line anyways. The nipples are slightly larger than most of the ones I have seen. I think this is part of the reason there is no spike with it. I will try and post a pic of it in my car tonight if I get the chance (I am at work right now). He is a cool guy too. I talked to him a couple of times before I ordered from him. He lives like an hour and a half from me and even offered to meet me half way to let me try it out first.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
The one I have Looks exactly like the top one also. I bought it from ebay, but I'm not sure if it's the same seller or not. It seems to hold boost fine, I have it set at 16 and it stays there with no problem until the T25 dies of course. I also got free powdercoating on mine, I got it in black. You wouldn't notice it if you didn't know what you were looking for.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I'm interested in a better MBC, the one I have is a POS in my opinion, it spikes like hell. So the first one works well huh, I may give phillip a call:)
Anyone else recomend that MBC?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts