DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heh, I'm trying to kick off this section, so I'm starting a few new threads.

Okay, AT tranny fluids. What do you use and what works. I use BM trickshift and it works great. It's supposed to give more positive shifts, but I put that in when I put in my shift kit so I can't quantify what did what. Both together are GREAT though. :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
BM trickshift synthetic worked well for me. But I am like you this went in when I did the shift kit and endclutch. So I have no comparison.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I used Valv syn ATF on my fully stock tranny. Worked like a charm.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I use Diamond ATF from Mitsu. It's about $3.50/qt and the local dealer always has it in stock. I have also used Mopar ATF+3 without problems.

Phil

·
Registered
7 Posts
Used some Valvoline Synthetic blend and it worked great. Before my tranny shifted sluggishly, after the fluid change, it's nice and smooth for the most part.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've seen B&M TrickShift at AutoZone and Discount Auto Parts.

I have only changed fluid once since I got my car in December, and I put in the B&M. Before the fluid change, the tranny would pop out of gear on rare occasions when it downshifted, but since the fluid change it has been flawless.

·
Registered
55 Posts
how much ATF???

what's the ATF capacity on a 92 talon tsi a/t fwd???

does it hurt if i put in more than necessary?

·
Registered
55 Posts
how much ATF???

ok, but how much ATF is needed??????????

·
Registered
850 Posts
The service manual says 7.1 quarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I found that to be correct during my last fluid change-- it took 7 quarts. The torque converter holds another couple, I think, but if you're doing just a normal fluid change, you'll just need 7.

·
Registered
55 Posts
ATF HOW MUCH???

doug said:
The service manual says 7.1 quarts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

is that true for both 1g's and 2g's???

i have a 92 tsi fwd a/t?? still 7.1 quarts???

·
Registered
55 Posts
doug said:
I was told the other day the the transmissions were the same from 91 on. The model designation for yours should be F4A33.
ok, meaning what?? the capacity is 7.1 qt then, right?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
When i replaced mine in only needed to put in 4 quarts or so, i figured there must be 3 quarts in the TC. I only unplugged one bolt on the bottom, is there another for the TC too. I asked another AT guy and he said he did the same as me he just pulled that one and only ended up needing 4 quarts.

·
Elite DSMtalker
1,849 Posts
When you drain it out of the drain plug there's only four quarts. Then when you pull the Valave body out another bunch comes out totalling to about 7 quarts. And then there's still at least another couple in the TC. Personally I wouldn't blindly just start pouring 7 quarts after draining. That's just asking for trouble. Just check the dipstick untill it's full. That's what it's there for.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts