DSMTalk Forums: Mitsubishi Eclipse, Plymouth Laser, and Eagle Talon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an autometer a/f guage tonight and now I notice my car isn't idling normally (100-200 rpms). I didn't disconnect the batt, but it's acting as it does when the ecu is recalibrating itself. The guage seems to work fine, so does the a/f readout on my apexi TT, and the car runs as if nothing is wrong. I'm assuming one of my connections is bad (I'll check as soon as I have the time) but if that was the case and the ecu wasn't reading o2's couldn't I expect more then just a crappy idle? On a side note, is the guage, when its jumping all over the place, supposed to spend time with no lights on? I didn't expect it to ever just go black. Thanks.

·
Registered
264 Posts
My Autometer Dance party gauge bounces all over when you are just cruising.

Shows that its working i believe but dont quote me.

Just a shot in the dark but check your BISS. You might need to unscrew it a little bit.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand it bouncing around, I didn't know it would go totally black sometimes. I could try the BISS but I don't understand why if would have changed just after I installed the guage.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mine goes black if i let off the gas and just coast
is that what you are tlaking about?

it might just get tired and have to take a break :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts